torsdag 19. august 2010

Which one is easier...

To tell a lie, or to tell the truth?

Earlier this day I went to town to buy some stuff i needed and to have my daily walk.
(By the way, the "story" I am about to tell will not have anything to do with the question asked above.Thank you).... (....???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......)

Window shopping, walking around, studying people. Doing the usual pattern of mine when alone in town. But then.

When walking up a certain street, my eyes got caught on a police officer. ' Ah. A police officer. Patroling I see. Oh well. Carry on', was what I thought at that moment.
But to my big surprise, the officer suddenly started to walk towards me. To say I didn't panick would be a complete lie. Why on earth would he walk towards me? There were no other people behind me, so he couldn't just "accidently" come walking towards me for the purpose of actually get to another person... And. We had eye contact. I hated it. I hate it. I hate accidental eyecontact with strangers. Normally I would look away, but I couldn't. I was too nervous.

Calmly, he asked me " Excuse me, have you seen a guy with a hat walk across the street?".
This is the part.The part.
Had I seen a guy with a hat? As a matter of fact, I had seen many guys with hats walk past me. Was he referring to the guy with a white hat that walked, no, ran past me, making him look like a suspicious,maybe potential criminal of some sorts?
Well then mister, Yes, I have seen a guy with a hat.
But then again, as I said, I had seen many guys with hats walk past me.
So my answer became:
"No, I haven't seen one. Though I think I saw a person run that way", pointing who knows where. The police officer said his thanks and walked on.
Now. Did I lie? Or did I not? It was a little lie, but then again not. I just didn't want to waste my time explaining to him the fact of dozens of young people walking around with hats on their heads....'Could you descrube the hat please' is not something I want to ask a police officer. It is too...erh. Waste of time and..me trying to act like a bloody detective. I don't do that on most days.

I don't know how to end this. Ah.
Fact!: This happened like..a week ago? Or two weeks ago. Not quite sure, as I don't have the capability of sense of time?...or something. My english sucks nowadays.

I need to travel to england....








2 kommentarer:

Imma sa...

I need to travel with you.<3

Also, the answer to your question is that it depends. I suspect that's the answer to most questions, really.

Of course, if you want to be BORING and find some kind of UNIVERSAL TRUTH or something, then ... well. You go do that. I'll be over here thinking about lobsters. ^^
(I'm joking ... mostly.)

SII JUU TUMÅRRÅO :D
eller seinere i dag, faktisk.

morugan sa...

we need to travel together<3
My universal answer is what you said... It all depends... easy peasy

I saw you today :D

Myspace Layouts